Author: Anita K. Morgan
Recipe type: Breakfast
- ½ cup oatmeal
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon whey, apple cider vinegar, or fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Uncooked honey, grade A dark maple syrup, butter, berries (optional)
- Mix 1 cup water with oatmeal and whey, vinegar, or lemon in the glass bowl.
- Put lid on the bowl and place in a cupboard to soak for 7-24 hours.
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a pot. On a different burner heat the diffuser.
- Add soaked oatmeal to boiling water, stir and bring back to a boil.
- Place pot on diffuser and simmer oatmeal for 10 minutes.
- Serve with honey, maple syrup, butter, berries, etc.
Oatmeal will bubble when added to boiling water. Try adding one spoonful and stir until the mixture stops bubbling, then add the remaining oatmeal.